Tuesday 6 March 2018

Wedding keepsake box

Hi, DT Henriëtte here today with an altered box. 14 Craft bar has different boxes available for sending out your cards but you can also decorate the boxes with all kinds of materials.
For my project I used the kraft colored window box and made it into a wedding keepsake box.


After putting the box together (this is super easy to do), I covered the sides with pink cardstock and added a glitter border.
Then the fun part begins, decorating the lid.
First I glued the ribbon around the window and attached the chipboard. 
14 craft bar has a lot of different chipboards in store for all occasions and I just love this one with the doves and the beautiful banner. I colored the doves white with a gelpen and added sparkle to the banner with wink of stella.



For the roses I used white foamiran and soft pastels in pink and green.
Emilia has a great video tutorial on her youtube channel on how to make these roses.
I followed her instructions when making my roses.
You can find the tutorial here.


I made little white flowers using the flower AC2 dies and added a few glitter paper leaves and branches. I also added a stick pin. It was the first time I ever made one and I used beads and caps.


Between the flowers and leaves I glued cream pearl buttons.


The sentiment is a piece of ribbon I had in my stash.
I love the shabby chic appereance of this keepsake box and I had a lot of fun making it.



Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs, Henriette.


Supplies used:



















box with window 


chipboard 




















No comments:

Post a Comment